Have you finally hit your weight goal? If so, congratulations! Although this alone merits celebration, here’s a universal truth: your weight loss is just the first step to having a fitter, healthier body. If you want to maintain your weight loss, read on to know our top tips!
If better health is your goal, it’s important to learn how to keep the weight off effectively without depriving and starving yourself or putting your body through unnecessary health risks.
In this article, we outline tips on how to maintain your weight after weight loss, so you can fully enjoy a healthier and slimmer body.
How to Keep Weight Off After Losing It
It’s understandable to worry about how to maintain weight loss, especially after all of your hard work. While day to day weight fluctuations are normal, it’s when all the weight creeps back in that can be frustrating.
Learning how to keep the weight off will look different than your old ways of dieting. It’s the true test of learning moderation and finding a healthy balance.
Here are the top ways to maintain weight loss and embrace a healthier lifestyle moving forward. The list was carefully created by experts at Marie France, the top slimming center in the Philippines.
Fill Up with Fruit, Fiber, and Veggies
Even if you’re cutting calories, that doesn’t necessarily mean you have to eat less food. Fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and other high-fiber foods are higher in volume and take longer to digest, making them great for weight loss.
Here are some ways to incorporate them in your diet:
- Add fruits to low sugar cereal such as sliced bananas, strawberries, kiwi, and more. You’ll still enjoy something sweet but with less sugar, fewer calories, and more fiber.
- Eat raw or steamed vegetables, not breaded or fried. For flavor, dress them with herbs and spices and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Instead of eating high-calorie chips, swap them out for some carrots or celery sticks.
- Start your meal with a vegetable soup or a salad so you feel full and eat less of the main dish.
The benefits of regular exercise go way beyond burning calories. Exercise has the ability to increase your metabolic health and improve your outlook, which is also something you can benefit from as you maintain your weight loss.
Stretch, move around, and go for a walk. When you move constantly, you’ll have more energy and motivation to keep healthy and maintain weight loss.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
- If you don’t have time for a long workout, four 15-minute spurts of exercise throughout the day are just as good as a one-hour workout.
- Anything is better than nothing. You can start with small amounts of physical activities every day, such as skipping rope or jumping jacks. Even just walking around your neighborhood will help.
- Find fun physical activities that you enjoy. Try dancing, cycling, hiking, playing Frisbee, or even activity-based video games with kids.
Control Emotional Eating
We don’t always eat just to simply satisfy our hunger. All too often, we turn to food when we’re anxious or stressed, which can lead to weight gain. Do you eat when you feel bored or lonely? Do you binge-eat while watching a Netflix series? Acknowledging your emotional eating triggers can make a huge difference when you’re trying to maintain weight loss.
Here are some ways to control your emotional eating:
- Stressed – Find healthier ways to calm yourself. Try meditation, yoga, or soaking in a hot bath.
- Bored or lonely – Don’t reach for the refrigerator, reach out to others. Take your dog for a walk, go to the park, or call a friend who makes you laugh.
- Low on energy – Find other pick-me-ups such as listening to music, crocheting, or taking a short nap.
Consistency is key when you’re figuring out how to keep the weight off. Being consistent in whatever health change you’re pursuing is the best way to see results. It’s not so much about making drastic, unsustainable changes, but more on establishing patterns and daily habits that set you up for success.
How to consistently keep weight off after losing it:
- Tracking your calories – You don’t have to track calories every single day. Just check in often and see how much “cheat food” and additional splurges are affecting your daily calorie intake. Ditch foods that are packed with calories but don’t make you feel full (junk food) and replace them with foods that aren’t loaded with calories but fill you up (vegetables).
- Eating a hearty breakfast – High-protein breakfasts have long been said to help manage appetite, overall diet, and energy levels. They also improve blood sugar control and calorie control.
Visit a Slimming Center – Marie France
Sometimes, figuring out how to maintain your weight after weight loss is as simple as heading to a trusted slimming center like Marie France. Here we have experienced slimming professionals who can help you target specific areas of your body that don’t respond to diet or exercise, so you can eliminate stubborn pockets of fat that just won’t budge.
At Marie France, our weight loss clinic welcomes everyone – from those with several pounds to lose, to those struggling with the last few stubborn inches, and even those who need help with toning and firming of flabby, saggy areas. We understand that no two clients have the same body, so everyone gets a tailored treatment plan that matches their needs and goals.
For more information and inquiries about our slimming center and tips on how to keep weight off, don’t hesitate to contact us today.